Jibble’s Mac time tracker is designed to help you efficiently track your time, manage your tasks, and improve productivity directly from your Mac desktop. Whether you’re working independently or as part of a team, our Mac desktop time tracking app makes time tracking a seamless and productive experience.
Jibble’s time tracker on macOS is compatible with macOS 10.13 or later. If you’re using a Windows desktop, check out our article on getting started with Jibble’s Windows time tracker.
This article covers:
- Installing the Mac time tracker
- Using the Mac time tracker
Installing the Mac time tracker
- If you haven’t already, visit the Jibble website at https://www.jibble.io and create an account.
- Head to the Mac App Store and search for Jibble Time Tracking.
- Click “Get” to install the app on your Mac.
- Authorize the installation process and launch the app.
- Keep the Jibble app in your dock for easy access.
Using the Mac time tracker
Clocking In and Out
- After installation, launch the Jibble Mac Time Tracker App and log in to your account.
- After successfully logging in, click the green Play button to clock in.
- Choose an activity and project, and if needed, include additional notes.
- Click on Save to start the timer and begin tracking your work hours.
- Once you’ve started tracking time, you’ll have access to various timer options.
- If you wish to switch to a different activity or project, simply click on the green Switch Activity button.
- Select the desired activity and project, and then tap on Save to clock in.
- When you’re ready to conclude your tracking session, click the red Stop button, add a note if required, then tap on Save to clock out.
To start a break, you must already be clocked in. If you have configured multiple break options, you’ll have the choice to select a specific break type.
- Begin by clocking in as you typically would. You must be clocked in before initiating a break.
- Click on the yellow Break button.
- If you have configured various break types, choose the desired break type and tap on Save to start your break.
Note: If you haven’t set up any break options, clicking the yellow Break button will immediately start your break session.
- To conclude your break and resume work, click on the yellow End Break button.
- If necessary, select an activity and project, add a note and then tap on Save to clock in.
Within the Dashboard, you’ll find your time entries, total tracked hours, and payroll hours for the present day. For more information on what’s included in tracked and payroll hours, check out our article on the difference between tracked hours and payroll hours.
To access your Account Settings, click on your name within the tab, located at the bottom section.
Here’s a brief overview of the available options:
1. Organization Details
If you belong to multiple organizations, you can easily switch between them. Just click on the organization you wish to work with to make the switch.
2. Jibble Web
To unlock extra features and access extensive reporting capabilities, tap on the “Go to Jibble Web” button to be directed to your Jibble WebApp Dashboard.
3. Sign Out
Click Sign Out to log out of Jibble’s Mac time tracker.
Make the most of the Jibble web app to produce in-depth reports and acquire valuable insights into your time management. The report features are available to owners, admins, and managers on the Premium and Ultimate plan.
For more information on the various types of reports and how to export them using Jibble’s web app, check out our article on what are the different types of reports that can be exported.