As a CEO of a time tracking software company I need to know what my competitors are up to. That means I’m often researching about and/or playing around with their products, you know, it’s part of the job. Here, I share my findings of that research, giving credit to those competitors where credit is due and being honest about which products I believe you really need to avoid. And so, there you have it, this review, and in it, I try to be honest, fair, and insightful…
This review covers:
- What do users like about Replicon?
- What don’t users like about Replicon?
- What Pricing Plans does Replicon offer?
- What are the Standout Features of Replicon?
- Selected Positive User Feedback
- Selected Negative User Feedback
- What are Replicon’s Review Ratings from Review Sites?
- What’s my Final Verdict on Replicon?
Ok, Replicon is a cloud-based time-tracking software that helps employers optimize key business functions.
With just a few taps on your mobile app, you can clock in and out, record your working hours, and track your progress. But wait, there’s more! Replicon offers many scheduling options to make sure you stay on top of your deadlines, as well as the ability to generate custom invoices, monitor payment terms, and track overdue bills. Along with the multi-currency payments feature, it lets employers define approval channels and collaborate with project managers, clients, and other stakeholders on a centralized platform – I must say this is a good collaboration.
Now, while Replicon has many positives, one of the main downsides is that the pricing plans are quite expensive compared to other competitors. So, if you’re looking for a cost-effective solution, this might not be the best option for you. Additionally, Replicon’s user interface is overwhelming for new users, and the mobile app is also patchy with several bugs and synchronization issues with the desktop version.
What do users like about Replicon?
- Great customer service
- Timesheet management
- Configurable system
- Customizable UI
What don't users like about Replicon?
- Clunky mobile app
- Difficulties with synchronizing mobile and desktop
What Pricing Plans does Replicon offer?
Replicon has a difficult-to-understand pricing plan, but their primary selling points are their suite features, which go as follows:
Project Time Tracking Suite: Starting at US$12/month, it contains time-bill, project-time, expense, and time-off features.
Time & Attendance Product Suite: With a starting price of US$6/month, this suite contains workforce management, time & attendance, global time off, global time and gross pay, and CloudClock features.
Professional Services Automation Suite: Containing Polaris PSA and Polaris PPM, this suite’s pricing starts at US$29/month.
What are the Standout Features of Replicon?
1. GPS Timesheets
GPS timesheets allow users to track employee locations and easily control on-the-road teams. The feature also contains geofencing, allowing employees to only be able to clock in/out from a specific device/location, alleviating the employer of any potential worksite location mistakes.
Furthermore, users can also see how many employees are working and how many are on a break, giving employers accurate work time information.
2. Advanced Time Clock
Replicon’s advanced time clock simplifies the user’s time tracking process by using facial recognition, thus removing the possibility of buddy punching and allowing users to leave a photo record for audit.
The software can also be set up as a kiosk, allowing any device to be the primary source of employee clock-ins, and can be maintained and monitored through Replicon’s support team.
3. Expansive Absence Management
Replicon’s Absence Management allows users to create time off categories for their business, like vacation, sick leave, bereavement, and more. All time off’s can be easily integrated with gross pay details, simplifying the process for businesses when creating reports.
Additionally, employees can request time off by using self-service requests through the web, mobile, or CloudClock, reducing the vacation scheduling process to a simple click of a button.
4. Global Compliance
Replicon’s “Global Enterprise Ready” software allows users to translate in any foreign language. The software supports languages such as English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Spanish, Danish, Hebrew, Portuguese, and many more.
The software also offers multiple-currency payments, helping employees from around the world to have quick and easy access to their payments without worrying about bank regulations.
Selected Positive User Feedback:
- “Very positive, and substantial savings over similar products that are designed and marketed specifically to the education market.” – John R. T. (Source Capterra)
- “We have had an excellent experience with Replicon and the utilization of this software has dramatically improved our Project Management capabilities and streamlined project financial tracking” – Michelle H. (Source GetApp)
- “It has been a pleasure working with the Replicon Support Team. Everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable.” – Dipti S. (Source GetApp)
- “Great way to clock in and out from work from your phone.” – Seandra Grigsby (Source GetApp)
- “Very user-friendly – Captures the time, location, and user images accurately – Accessible from any location – Cost Effective and true value for money.” – Keyur R. (Source Capterra)
- “Absolutely love it, once implemented it just works perfectly with minimal maintenance!” – Alyson K. (Source Capterra)
- “I believe what I like most about Replicon is the Support Staff. They are nice and have always helped me when I had an issue” – Jill W (Source GetApp)
- “Ease of use, keeps company organized, quick results with reports, helpful. Easy to pull reports. Quick navigation tools.” – Marisa F. (Source G2)
- “It is a very simple platform to use, easy to use. The staff is very helpful if you are having any issues. It keeps track of all our staffs time sheets accurately.” – Khori V. (Source TrustRadius)
“I’ve used Replicon for a couple of different companies. Makes life so much easier.” – Chris Scott (Source Play Store)
- “The most helpful feature is being able to sign in as another user temporarily to troubleshoot any issues they have. It’s also a very well-laid product that I rarely get trouble tickets on. This means it’s user-friendly. I also like their technical support.” – Joshua W. (Source G2)
- “Very user-friendly, solid support team that is always happy and eager to help and provide advice.” – Ingrid R. (Source G2)
- “It makes running payroll very easy, checks on current hours and where everyone is on their vacation and sick time. I also love the fact that if you have an issue, customer service is on top of it.” – Carol G. (Source GetApp)
- “How easy, the day-to-day usage of the platform is easy to use and good for what we need it for. Easy to set up new users and log timesheets, as well as expenses.” – Verified User in Computer Software (Source G2)
Selected Negative User Feedback:
- “Our organization uses Replicon for time tracking and management of paid time off. Overall, it is clunky software that does not facilitate the process for either.” – Caryn D (Source Capterra)
- “Running reports using different templates. It’s difficult if you need data from a bunch of different templates.” – Jennifer L. (Source GetApp)
- “Pricey. Wish there could be more automation of reports and have a function to allow outside users (clients) to have access to certain things without an account.” – Lexie B. (Source G2)
- “Reporting function, it is not easy to run reports. Unable to run a good extract easily to extract a list of members from single or multiple WBS codes. Can do it, but it is not easy and time-consuming.” – Caren B. (Source G2)
- “Expensive. The email overflow. It would be good to have a Training Homepage, where Training Videos are available at the Replicon Homepage, to avoid a lot of support tickets.” – Silvia S. (Source G2)
- “The software has bugs...Difficulty synchronizing with mobile and desktop” – Ludwig Tremblay (Source Play Store)
- “I wish we could add new tasks to the timesheet template and have it updated right away. I wish it was easy to synchronize with mobile app and desktop.” – Verified User in Construction (Source G2)
- “Has bugs and make a powerful report” – Verified Linked In Reviewer (Source Capterra)
- ”Resources can’t see which projects they’re allocated to (how many hours).” – Alberto G. (Source G2)
- “It is difficult to find reports that contain all the fields I want in a single report. I wish there was one master report with all fields. The system is often laggy.” – Allison T. (Source G2)
- “It could be more visually appealing. It is kind of plain looking” – Sara M. (Source G2)
- “Difficult figuring out administrative features.” – Kaitlyn W. (Source GetApp)
- “The integrations are not useful as they are – custom integration is needed for most common uses for Jira and Quickbooks to make it work.” – Verified User in Information Technology and Services (Source G2)
- “It does have some limitations in some very unique case uses, a bit pricey, and requires a yearly saas model.” – Malvin (Source Software Advice)
What are Replicon's Review Ratings from Review Sites?
(As of 04/11/2023)
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.3/5
- TrustRadius: 8.2/10
- GetApp: 4.5/5
- Software Advice: 4.5/5
- Play Store: 4.3/5
- App Store: 4.2/5
What's my Final Verdict on Replicon?
With Replicon, employers can keep track of their employees’ time and costs, monitor their performance and productivity, and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Plus, the flexible timesheets and mobile app make it easy to track time and project progress from anywhere. The software also offers absence management and global compliance, which are pretty neat features if you ask me.
However, I have to be honest, the interface can be a bit clunky at times and there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out. The synchronization between the mobile and desktop versions could use some work, and the mobile app itself doesn’t work smoothly. Plus, one major drawback is the software’s pricing for its Time and Attendance Suite, which starts from $12/user/month, making it quite an expensive solution.
In conclusion, I think Replicon is a useful software given its variety of features and project management capabilities, but the software’s high price is not something I’m particularly a fan of.
What I really like about Replicon is that it offers users a very seamless time tracking experience on-the-go with its GPS timesheets.
And the geofencing feature is pretty great to ensure employees clock-in/out from the right location/device. This is a game-changer – really – because it lets employers know about their employees’ whereabouts down to a tee.
So, the software does cost an arm and a leg to use – the Time and Attendance Suite starts from $12/user/month!
With such a heavy price-tag, I’d say that Replicon really is not the best solution for smaller businesses.