As a CEO of a time tracking software company I need to know what my competitors are up to. That means I’m often researching about and/or playing around with their products, you know, it’s part of the job. Here, I share my findings of that research, giving credit to those competitors where credit is due and being honest about which products I believe you really need to avoid. And so, there you have it, this review, and in it, I try to be honest, fair, and insightful…
This review covers:
- What Do Users Like About Scoro?
- What Don’t Users Like About Scoro?
- What Pricing Plans Do Scoro Offer?
- What are the Standout Features of Scoro?
- Selected Positive User Feedback
- Selected Negative User Feedback
- What are Scoro’s Review Ratings from Review Sites?
- What’s my Final Verdict on Scoro?
Scoro is a powerful online tool with a focus on streamlining business processes. It shines in areas such as project management and employee time tracking, which are essential for any organization. Users particularly like its automated tasks and robust CRM integration, making it a preferred choice for office teams and remote workers alike.
As a cloud-based time tracking software, Scoro offers real-time access to work reports, project progress, and CRM data. Despite a steep learning curve, its all-in-one solution saves users from juggling multiple software products. However, it does come with drawbacks such as occasional bugs and unannounced software updates. Its mobile app and some software integrations also need improvement.
Scoro’s pricing varies depending on feature access and team size, starting at $26 per user per month. The scaled pricing structure can limit access to certain features. For instance, time tracking starts from $37/user/month, making it a pricier option in the market. Larger teams can request custom pricing.
Scoro’s standout features include time management, project management, and work reports. Yet, these vary across pricing plans, limiting some users. Despite some areas for improvement, Scoro is a comprehensive solution for businesses seeking to streamline their operations.
What do users like about Scoro?
- Efficient Project and Task Management
- Robust CRM Integration
- Automated Tasks
- Comprehensive Time Tracking
- Powerful Reporting Tools
- Seamless Software Integration
What don't users like about Scoro?
- Steep Learning Curve
- Feature Limiting Pricing Structure
- Performance Issues
- Limited Mobile Timesheet App
- Integration Setup Challenges
- Unannounced Software Updates
- Occasional Bug Issues
What Pricing Plans does Scoro offer?
Scoro offers different pricing plans to fit your business needs.
Essentials Plan: Starting at $26 per user per month, it covers basic project management and CRM tools.
Work Hub Plan: Priced at $37 per user per month, this offers additional features like financial management.
Sales Hub Plan: This also costs $37 per user per month, focusing on CRM and sales management.
Ultimate Plan: At $61 per user per month, this offers all features from the Work and Sales Hub plans.For teams larger than 20, custom pricing is available upon request.
It must be noted that each plan introduces new features, as such the minimum cost for time tracking is $37/month/user. This makes Scoro amongst the most expensive time tracking options on the market.
What are the Standout Features of Scoro?
1. Timesheet Management: The Scoro timesheet app offers a strong tool for managing time effectively. It’s useful for keeping track of work hours. You can manually log hours or use the built-in timer. This feature also lets you schedule tasks and set deadlines. So, everyone knows what they need to do and when.This results in a more organized workday.Scoro’s Time Tracking feature helps you stay on top of your tasks and boosts your productivity. Plus, with Scoro’s time management feature, you can get a clear view of how time is spent. This can help improve efficiency and workflow. So, if managing time is a challenge, Scoro is here to help.Note: Time tracking is not available in the “Essentials” plan.
2. Project Management: Scoro’s project time tracker tool makes handling projects easier than ever. It allows you to plan projects, set goals, and assign tasks. This way, everyone knows their role and what’s expected. Tracking the progress of a project is also simple. You can view how far you’ve come and what’s left to be done.
The Scoro Project Management feature keeps your team aligned and projects on track. Plus, Scoro offers visual overviews of your project timelines. This feature helps ensure that your projects are delivered on time. Furthermore, Scoro’s project management tool helps you keep all your project information in one place. So, managing projects is seamless, leading to more successful outcomes.
Note: The “Essentials” plan does not include Gantt charts or phases and milestones.
3. Work Reports: Scoro’s reporting and analytics feature gives a detailed look at your team’s work. It shows who’s working on what and how long it’s taking. This makes it easy to understand work trends and productivity levels. It even provides visual overviews to help make sense of all the data. You can see which tasks take the most time or which team members are busiest. Plus, Scoro’s reports are customizable, so you can focus on what matters most to you.
The Scoro work report feature can be a game-changer in improving your team’s efficiency. With Scoro’s work reports, you can make informed decisions, better manage your team, and boost overall productivity. It’s a powerful tool for any team leader.
Note: Reporting is restricted in most plans with the “Pro” plan providing most needs at $63/user/month
4. All-in-One Solution: At its highest level Scoro is an all-in-one solution for managing your business. It combines crucial business tools like project management, time tracking, CRM, and billing software into one platform. So, you don’t have to switch between different software packages. This makes your workflow smoother and saves a lot of time. Plus, having all the information in one place gives you a complete overview of your business.
At the top level, you can see all your projects, tasks, and financial data at a glance. This can help you make better decisions and improve your business performance. Furthermore, Scoro is easy to use and customizable to fit your needs. It’s a great tool that can make managing your business a breeze.
Note: The full feature set is only available in the “Ultimate” plan. This does not have a price on the website.
5. 4 Day Work Week: Scoro promotes a balanced work-life routine through the idea of a 4-day work week. They believe this approach boosts productivity and leaves ample time for personal activities. It’s a win-win for both employees and the business. Employees get extra PTO (paid time off) each week, leading to more rest and personal time. On the other hand, businesses enjoy the benefit of motivated, well-rested employees who can work more effectively.
Scoro suggests that a shorter workweek results in happier teams. With more time for relaxation and personal interests, employees come back to work motivated and ready to perform their best.
Note: What is there not to love about this approach? If this is the goal of time tracking then it will be much easier to promote timesheet software throughout the workforce.
Selected Positive User Feedback
- “Best tool for time management and task planning.” Carl M. (Source: G2)
- “Efficient, user-friendly, and comprehensive tool.” Jane D. (Source: GetApp)
- “Scoro has transformed our work life.” Lucy K. (Source: Capterra)
- “Excellent all-in-one software solution.” Mike T. (Source: G2)
- “Scoro – a perfect fit for project management.” Thomas B. (Source: GetApp)
- “Fantastic software for small businesses!” Sarah L. (Source: Capterra)
- “Great value and versatile tool.” Denise P. (Source: G2)
- “Scoro takes the stress out of managing projects!” Tim S. (Source: GetApp)
- “Comprehensive, efficient, and user-friendly.” Lucy H. (Source: Capterra)
- “Love Scoro, it’s a game-changer for our business.” Donna B. (Source: WebsitePlanet)
Selected Negative User Feedback
- “Scoro has a steep learning curve and occasional bugs.” Peter G. (Source: G2)
- “Performance issues and limited mobile app functionality.” Sarah T. (Source: GetApp)
- “Overwhelming at times due to numerous features.” Oliver K. (Source: Capterra)
- “Could use more improvements and regular updates.” John D. (Source: GetApp)
- “Customer support could be more responsive.” Hanna S. (Source: G2)
- “Unannounced software updates can be disruptive.” Mike B. (Source: GetApp)
- “Not ideal for small teams due to pricing.” Daniel H. (Source: Capterra)
- “Setting up Scoro can be time-consuming.” Linda J. (Source: WebsitePlanet)
What are Scoro's Review Ratings from Review Sites?
(As of 05/29/2023)G2: 4.5/5
Website Planet: 4.4/5
App Store: 3.4/5 (in the US)Note: These scores are for the full Scoro product suite. This is not representative of their time-tracking functionality.
What's my Final Verdict on Scoro?
Scoro is an all-in-one online tool for business tasks. It helps manage projects and track time well. Automated tasks and CRM integration are some of its top features. Although some users find it hard to learn, it’s helpful in keeping all business processes in one place.Scoro has different plans for different prices. The basic plan starts at $26 per user per month. Time tracking is available from $37/user/month, which is a bit pricey. Larger teams can ask for custom pricing.Some great features are time and project management and work reports. These, however, depend on the pricing plan, so some users might not have access. Despite this, Scoro is a helpful tool for businesses that want to streamline their work.Users like the project management, CRM integration, and time tracking features. However, they don’t like the steep learning curve, limited mobile app, and some performance issues. Also, Scoro’s updates sometimes come without warning.Scoro is a good tool for business, despite some flaws. Its features help keep your business organized and running smoothly. But, its price may be too high for smaller teams.
Scoro offers numerous advantages for businesses looking to streamline their operations. Key advantages include comprehensive time tracking, efficient project management, robust CRM integration, and automated tasks.
The platform is cloud-based, providing real-time access to work reports, project progress, and CRM data. Scoro’s all-in-one approach simplifies workflows by integrating crucial business tools into one platform, reducing the need to juggle multiple software.
Scoro operates as an all-in-one business management software. It combines several tools, such as project management, time tracking, CRM, and billing, into one platform. Users can plan projects, schedule tasks, track work hours, manage contacts, and handle billing all from the same place.
Scoro’s reporting tools provide insights into project timelines, task completion rates, and overall business performance. These features can be customized according to individual business needs, making Scoro adaptable and user-friendly.
Yes, Scoro has a mobile app available for both iOS and Android platforms. The app is designed to provide users with on-the-go access to Scoro’s features, allowing them to manage tasks, track time, oversee projects, and access CRM data from their mobile devices.
It’s important to note that user reviews indicate that the mobile app experience may not be as comprehensive as the desktop version, with room for further enhancements and improvements.