As a CEO of a time-tracking software company, I need to know what my competitors are up to. That means my team and I are often researching about and/or playing around with their products, you know, it’s part of the job. Here, I share my findings from that research, giving credit to those competitors where credit is due and being honest about which products I believe you really need to avoid. And so, there you have it, this review, and in it, I try to be honest, fair, and insightful. I hope it helps you make the right decision…
This review covers:
- What do users like about Redcort?
- What don’t users like about Redcort?
- What Pricing Plans does Redcort offer?
- What are the Standout Features of Redcort?
- Selected Positive User Feedback
- Selected Negative User Feedback
- What are Redcort’s Review Ratings from Review Sites?
- What’s my Final Verdict on Redcort?
Redcort has a Virtual TimeClock that offers a straightforward and affordable solution for businesses. Unlike many other time-tracking software that I’ve previously reviewed, Redcort offers a one-time purchase instead of a monthly subscription fee. Once acquired, the software can be installed on Windows PCs, Windows tablets, or macOS computers.
Redcort is a breeze to set up and use. Whether placed in break rooms, at the office entrances, or on individual computers, it is a reliable and simple time clock for employees to manage their punch-ins and punch-outs effortlessly.
While Redcort’s software does offer some good qualities, its user interface, although easy to use, sports an outdated design that fails to capture attention. The absence of a mobile app version further hinders accessibility for users who prefer tracking time on-the-go through their smartphones or tablets.
Additionally, the pricing plan is another area to consider. The basic plan, priced at $195, covers usage on a single computer with a limit of up to 3 users. This cost may prove to be quite steep, especially for organizations with larger teams.
What do users like about Redcort?
- Good customer service
- Accurate payroll processing
- Easy setup process
- Simple and straightforward to use
- System acknowledges when an employee forgets to clock out
What don't users like about Redcort?
- Price too high for such limited features
- Not cloud-based
- No mobile version
- Quickbooks integration doesn’t work smoothly
What Pricing Plans does Redcort offer?
Redcort works as a one-time purchase software instead of paying monthly fees. Redcort has 3 pricing tiers: Basic, Pro, and Network. Each plan comes with 30 days of free customer support. After 30 days, there will be a charge of US$65 for every incident that requires support. Paid plans begin at US$195, and they scale with each tier, as seen below:
- Basic: The basic plan costs US$195 for usage on one computer and up to 3 users. You’ll get access to basic features such as clocking in/out, payroll processing, recorded work hours, and PDF timecards.
- Pro: Being at US$295, the pro plan is applicable on one computer (similar to the basic plan) but is available for an unlimited number of users. You can opt to purchase a premium unlimited 1-year customer support service together with the pro plan. This premium customer support plan will be discounted at US$75 for the first year of purchasing this pro plan. It will cost US$95 every year thereafter. This plan comes with additional features like a pin/password to avoid buddy punching, payroll integrations, lunch/break time tracking, built-in messaging, and automatic backups.
- Network: Designed for access via networked computers and the internet. It is available for an unlimited number of users and multiple computers. However, the rates will increase based on the number of computers you wish to utilize. Rates start at US$495 for two computers. This plan has all Pro plan features. The only addition is that you can access the software from networked computers and through the Internet which is helpful if your admin is a remote worker.
What are the Standout Features of Redcort?
1. Task Tracking for Multiple Activities and Goals
With Redcort, users can easily update their current activities throughout the workday, providing up-to-the-minute tracking of time spent on various tasks, jobs, or clients. You can assign employees to specific departments or locations, allowing for automated labor cost tracking within your organization. Redcort makes it simple to generate detailed or summary reports tailored to your business requirements.
Moreover, you can effortlessly export your time and attendance data to Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet programs for further analysis and processing. The Virtual TimeClock Pro plan ensures efficient and accurate tracking of work activities and enables seamless reporting and data management for better decision-making.
2. Payroll Integrations
Redcort’s Virtual TimeClock Pro & Network Editions allows you to easily integrate with various popular payroll solutions. It allows you to export a specially formatted file that directly imports into your payroll system. This seamless integration ensures accuracy and saves you valuable time during each payroll run.
You can say goodbye to manual data entry and enjoy a smooth and efficient payroll process with Virtual TimeClock. Redcort offers integrations with Quickbooks, ADP, Paychex, PayChoice, and more.
3. Vacation and Holiday Management
Redcort’s Virtual TimeClock Pro plan allows you to effortlessly maintain accurate records of your employees’ vacation, holiday, and sick leave. This software offers unlimited paid and unpaid categories for awarding time off, and you have the flexibility to set up leave benefits on an annual, monthly, or daily basis.
You can input leave hours individually or in batches, making it convenient to designate time off for multiple employees and multiple days simultaneously. Alternatively, Redcort automatically calculates awards based on the number of hours worked.
4. Communication with Employees
Redcort provides an in-built post office that takes care of all your messaging requirements. As employees use the time clock regularly at fixed times, the messaging feature becomes a simple and efficient way for them to receive important notes and stay updated on company information.
This functionality enables management to request employee information, recognize accomplishments, or announce upcoming meetings. Meanwhile, employees can easily notify supervisors about missed punches or submit leave requests without delay.
A significant advantage of Virtual TimeClock Pro’s post office is its privacy and internal nature, ensuring you never have to worry about spam, viruses, or any unauthorized usage for non-business purposes. The secure messaging system enables seamless communication within your organization, allowing for enhanced connectivity and well-informed team members.
Selected Positive User Feedback
- “The best feature isn’t a feature at all! Customer service was AMAZING!”- Angel S. (Source Capterra)
- “I really like the ease of use. It’s very simple and straightforward. It has a nice, clean interface and makes the clock-in process simple and full-proof.” – Verified User in Education Management (Source G2)
- “This was a one-time purchase which I liked for our small business.” – Josette S. (Source Capterra)
- “This is easy to use and as the admin, I like that I am able to review everything from my personal computer.” – Aletha C. (Source Capterra)
- “Overall our experience has been excellent. We are able to provide our team with an easy way to clock in and out, track their time, and view their time. It also provides our accounting office with records and reports they need.” – Samantha C. (Source Capterra)
- “Cover just about all time clock and management features. Clocking in/out is easy. Tracks all PTO, vacation, sick leave, etc. Works great on the network allowing multiple time clock stations. Installing updates on servers and stations has greatly improved over the years and is very easy to do.” – Scott W. (Source Capterra)
- “The product works well and customer service is great!” – Marilyn S. (Source Capterra)
- “Ease of use clocking in and out for the employees who have no experience in dealing with computers so not having profiles and passwords was a huge plus.” – Dave P. (Source Capterra)
- “Ease of use; accuracy of reports; easily updated.” – Laurie K. (Source Capterra)
- “I like how simple it is for staff to clock in and out.” – Rebeca R. (Source Capterra)
- “This integrates with our accounting software, which was one of the determining factors when we choose this timeclock software. It is easy for our outdoor, non-computer type employees to use.” – Diane M. (Source Capterra)
Selected Negative User Feedback
- “The networking addition requires some ongoing attention due to random Microsoft updates of the server. Occasional hiccups at users’ computers, these are easy to fix & support is great but still it’s something the admin has to deal with.” – Rick S. (Source Capterra)
- “No mobile app, no cloud functionality or web browser access.” – Braden B. (Source Capterra)
- “The reporting is not easy to use and does not offer some reports which are very simple.” – Sue E. (Source Capterra)
- “In earlier versions of the software you could send memos to departments. Now you have to select individuals or everyone and not send a memo to departments.” – Jacob Y. (Source Capterra)
- “Would love it if it were cloud-based. Have had issues when the internet provider swaps out cable modems. Have to reconfigure port forwarded and troubleshoot.” – Michael N. (Source Capterra)
- “That it does not have bi-weekly leave tracking. also that there is no offline mode in the event of loss of internet. We live in the panhandle of Florida and bad weather takes our internet out all the time.” – Michael G. (Source Capterra)
- “I think the price is a little much for how simple the app is. I’m not necessarily someone that regularly shops for software apps but I’m guessing if I spent some time searching I could have found a good time clock app for free that compares to this.” – Samuel S. (Source Capterra)
- “Calculations of minutes can be confusing.” -Patricia H. (Source Capterra)
- “Visually the administration side could be updated, we use ADP RUN and it is not programmed with your system so I cannot fully use the time clock exports.” – Patricia S. (Source Capterra)
- “I wish they had a mobile version that would allow associates to clock in through their phones.” – Jim A. (Source Capterra)
- “Not cloud-based. Can not access while working remotely without having access to a computer it is installed on.” – Kathryn H. (Source Capterra)
What are Redcort's Review Ratings from Review sites?
- Capterra: 4.8/5
- G2: 4.7/5
- Software Advice: 4.8/5
What's my Final Verdict on Redcort?
Redcort offers a straightforward and affordable solution for businesses, with a one-time purchase that eliminates the need for recurring monthly fees. Its integration with some payroll solutions and ability to export data for seamless payroll processing are commendable features.
Moreover, Redcort’s pro plan provides easy time-off management, including up-to-date tracking of vacation, holiday, and sick leave balances, along with customizable leave categories. The activity and departmental tracking functionality allows businesses to monitor labor costs and time spent on different tasks effectively.
However, Redcort falls short in some critical areas. While it offers a one-time purchase option to avoid recurring monthly fees, its pricing structure remains exorbitantly high for the basic plan, especially for organizations requiring usage on multiple computers or with more than a few users.
Furthermore, the absence of a mobile app version is a significant drawback, severely limiting the software’s accessibility and convenience for users who prefer time tracking through their smartphones. This lack of mobile compatibility hampers productivity and flexibility, especially for businesses with a remote or mobile workforce.
The user interface appears outdated and lacks intuitiveness, which in my opinion, makes it less appealing. A modern and well-designed interface is essential for seamless navigation and overall user satisfaction, which seems to be lacking in Redcort.
Overall, Redcort’s Virtual TimeClock may have some useful functionalities, but its high pricing, absence of mobile app support, and outdated user interface make it a less favorable choice for me compared to more comprehensive and user-friendly alternatives available in the market.
My favorite thing about Redcort is its simplicity. Redcort’s features are easy to use, even for non-tech-savvy individuals.
Employees can effortlessly clock in and out without complications. Its straightforward setup and straightforward time-tracking tasks cater to users of all skill levels, ensuring a seamless experience for both employers and employees.
The most significant downside of Redcort’s Virtual TimeClock is its high cost. The one-time purchase price, coupled with limited user capacity, may not be cost-effective for small businesses or those with a tight budget.