App pinning is a security feature available on Android devices that allows you to lock your device to a single application. This prevents employees from exiting Jibble’s kiosk and potentially gaining access to sensitive data or important documents on your device.
For iOS users operating Jibble’s kiosk, check out using Jibble’s Kiosk with Guided Access. To begin using Jibble’s time clock kiosk app, refer to our guide on setting up Kiosk mode for detailed instructions.
This article covers:
Enabling App Pinning
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Navigate to Security or Security & location and tap on Advanced Settings.
- Look for an option like Screen pinning, App pinning, or Pin app.
- Toggle the switch to enable app pinning.
- If required, specify a PIN, pattern or password to be provided when unpinning apps.
Pinning Jibble’s Kiosk
After turning on app pinning, follow these steps to pin Jibble’s app to your screen:
- Open up the Jibble app.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your display to open the Overview.
- If this doesn’t open your Overview, tap on the Overview or Recents button (usually a square or recent apps icon) to view your recently used apps.
- Locate the Jibble app from the list of recently used apps.
- You should see the Jibble icon above its preview.
- Tap on the Jibble icon to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Click on Pin.
- The Jibble app will now be pinned to the screen.
If your device is running OS versions Android 8.1 and below, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the screen to be pinned and tap the Overview button.
- Swipe up to display the Pin option. You’ll see it at the bottom right of your selected screen.
- Click on Pin.
Unpinning Jibble’s Kiosk
To unpin Jibble’s app and return to the home screen or allow access to other apps, follow these steps:
- Swipe up and hold the screen to unpin Jibble’s app.
- On most Android devices, you can unpin the app by pressing and holding the Overview button (the square or recent apps icon) and the Back button simultaneously.
- If you have configured a PIN, pattern or password, you’ll have to enter it to remove the screen pinning and successfully unpin the screen.