Efficient time tracking is essential for managing your tasks and projects effectively, and Jibble’s Chrome Time Tracking Extension offers a seamless way to achieve this within your Airtable interface.
This article covers:
Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Jibble Time Tracker.
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- Once installed, a Jibble icon should appear in your Chrome toolbar.
- Click on the puzzle piece icon located in your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the pin icon next to Jibble’s Time Tracker for easy access.
Linking Airtable and Jibble
- Log in to your Airtable account.
- Click the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Log in to your Jibble account or if you’re new to Jibble, create an account.
- In the top right corner, you’ll find three horizontal lines. Click on these lines.
- Tap on Integrations.
- Ensure the checkbox for Airtable is enabled.
Tracking time in Airtable
Now that the extension has been integrated, you can start tracking time directly within Airtable. Continue reading to discover different methods for tracking time within the Airtable platform.
Using the embedded Jibble timer
- Open your Airtable workspace and navigate to the task or project for which you want to track time.
- Within the task’s interface, you will notice a “Jibble in” button.
- Click on the Jibble in button.
- A small pop-up window will open for you to select an activity and project.
- Notes will be prefilled based on the titles of your tasks or projects in Airtable.
- Click on Save to start tracking time for the task.
- Once clocked in, the timer button will be automatically updated to “Jibble out”.
- To clock out, click on the Jibble out button and tap on Save to stop the timer.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Enable the toggle for Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Once enabled, use the shortcut command Ctrl+Shift+s on Windows or Command+Shift+S on Mac to clock in.
- Use the same keyboard commands to clock out.
Note: When utilizing keyboard shortcuts to clock in, the activity and project previously used (if applicable) will be tagged. Additionally, there will be no notes to be added
Using right clicks
- Right click on your mouse and select Jibble | Clock in.
- To clock out, right click again select Jibble | Clock out.
Note: With right click clock ins, the previously used activity and project (if applicable) will be tagged. There won’t be any input for notes.
Using text highlighting
- Highlight any text within your Airtable, right-click on your mouse and select Jibble from the menu.
- The clock in screen will be displayed with your notes automatically included.
- Select an activity and project if required.
- Tap on Save to start the timer.