Effective time tracking plays a crucial role in proficient project and task management. Integrating this functionality seamlessly into Google Sheets can significantly boost your productivity. Utilizing a Chrome time tracking extension lets you effortlessly integrate time tracking into Google Sheets.
This article covers:
- Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Linking Google Sheets and Jibble
- Tracking time in Google Sheets
Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Open up your Google Chrome browser and type in Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Jibble Time Tracker.
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- Once installed, a Jibble icon should appear in your browser’s toolbar.
- Click on the puzzle piece icon located at the top right corner of your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the pin icon next to Jibble’s Time Tracker to pin the extension to your browser for swift access.
Linking Google Sheets and Jibble
Tip 💡: If you’ve previously activated the Google Docs integration within Jibble’s Chrome time tracking extension, Google Sheets will be automatically included as well.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Open up Google Sheets.
- Click the Jibble icon in the Chrome toolbar to open the timer extension.
- Log in to your Jibble account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Go to Integrations.
- Ensure the checkbox for Google Docs is enabled.
Tracking time in Google Sheets
Jibble’s Time Tracker provides multiple effective methods for directly tracking time within Google Sheets.
Using the embedded Jibble timer
- Navigate to the spreadsheet you wish to track time for within Google Sheets.
- Within the spreadsheet view, you will see the “Jibble in” button.
- Click on the Jibble in button to start tracking time.
- Select an activity and project if required.
- Notes will be prefilled based on the titles of your spreadsheets in Google Sheets.
- Click on Save to start the timer.
- Once clocked in, the timer button will be automatically updated to “Jibble out”.
- To stop the timer, click on the Jibble out button and tap on Save.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Enable Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Once enabled, use the shortcut command Ctrl+Shift+s on Windows or Command+Shift+S on Mac to clock in.
- To clock out, use the same keyboard commands.
Note: The previously used activity and project (if any) will be tagged when clocking in via keyboard shortcuts. There will be no notes to be added.
Using right clicks
- Right click on your mouse and select Jibble | Clock in.Note: The previously used activity and project (if any) will be tagged when clocking in via right click. There will be no notes to be added.
- To clock out, right click again select Jibble | Clock out.
Using text highlighting
- Highlight any text in your Google spreadsheet, right click and select Jibble.
- The clock in screen will be displayed with your notes automatically included.
- Select an activity and project if required and tap Save.