QuickBooks Online is an accounting software with everything you need to manage income, payroll, expenses and keep track of the financial health of your business.
Jibble + QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online time tracking integrates payroll and time tracking into a single platform. Use Jibble to automate worked hours and timesheets so you can send timesheet data directly to QuickBooks Online to automate payroll.
To connect your Jibble account with QuickBooks Online, you must have Owner or Admin permissions. Only Owners and Admins have access to view and make changes to Integrations Settings.
Important: The QuickBooks Online integration with Jibble is only available for users with an active QuickBooks Online subscription on the Essentials plan or higher.
This article covers:
- Connecting QuickBooks Online with Jibble
- Syncing members between QuickBooks Online and Jibble
- Sending billable hours to QuickBooks Online
Connecting QuickBooks Online with Jibble
- Login to Jibble and click on the Integrations tab from the side navigation menu.
- Click on QuickBooks Online on the list of Integrations available.
- You will see a modal that integrates with QuickBooks Online. Click on “Connect with Jibble”.
- You’ll be redirected to QuickBooks Online to authorize the connection.
- Click on Connect.
- Your Jibble account is now connected to QuickBooks Online.
Syncing members between QuickBooks Online and Jibble
- Create members in both QuickBooks Online and Jibble with matching full names or email addresses.
- Members with the matching full names or emails will be synced between QuickBooks Online and Jibble.
- To check if members are connected between QuickBooks Online and Jibble, go to Integrations.
- Click on QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Members tab from the sidebar.
Note: The Members tab will only be displayed once the integration is complete. Names of members displayed on the list will be pulled from Employees in QuickBooks Online.
- The Connected status will be shown for members that are synced between QuickBooks Online and Jibble.
- Payroll hours of synced members will be automatically sent to QuickBooks Online every 24 hours.
- To disconnect members from the sync, click on the ellipsis button on the far right corner of the member’s name.
- Click on Disconnect.
- You can reconnect members at any time if needed.
- Members that have been disconnected will not have their payroll hours sent to QuickBooks Online every 24 hours but will still be present on both platforms.
- Members with non-matching full names or emails will not be synced and are indicated with the Unable to connect status.
- Hours sent from Jibble are marked as non-billable hours in QuickBooks Online.
- To mark hours as billable or to generate invoices in QuickBooks Online, go to Reports > Recent/Edited Time Activities > Mark hours as billable > Link hours to Customers.
Sending billable hours to QuickBooks Online
For payroll hours to be marked as billable in QuickBooks Online, you can link a customer in QuickBooks Online to an activity in Jibble. Once linked, all time tracked with the selected activity will be sent to QuickBooks Online as billable hours.
If unlinked, payroll hours will be sent to QuickBooks Online as non-billable hours and can only be marked as billable via QuickBooks Online by attaching a time entry to a Customer.
- Click on the Configurations tab.
- Turn the toggle on to enable billable hours.
- Under Customer Matching, you can link a customer from QuickBooks Online to an activity in Jibble.
- Select a QuickBooks customer from the list.Note: Names of customers displayed on the list will be pulled from Customers in QuickBooks Online.
- Select an activity to be linked to the customer.Note: Names of activities displayed on the list will be pulled from Activities in Jibble. Archived activities will be marked and shown on the list but cannot be selected unless restored.
- To add another link, click on Add new link.
- Repeat the steps as mentioned above by selecting another customer and activity.Note: A customer can only be linked to one activity at a time and vice versa.
- To refresh the list of customers shown, click on the Refresh customers button.
- If you wish to delete a link, click on the bin icon next to the link created.Note: Deleted links will take effect on the next scheduled job, i.e. during automatic sending of payroll hours the following day.
- Once all links have been added, click on Save.
- All time tracked with the selected activity will be sent to QuickBooks Online as billable hours every day for the previous day. You can find time reports in QuickBooks Online under Reports > Recent/Edited Time Activities.
- If the toggle to enable billable hours in QuickBooks Online is disabled, all future time tracked in Jibble will be sent to QuickBooks Online as non-billable hours.
- Time tracked with activities that are not linked to any customers will not be sent to QuickBooks Online.
- Total billable amount shown on QuickBooks Online will be based on the billable rates set for your team members on Jibble via their Profile page. Check out updating a person’s profile information to learn more about how to set up billable rates for your team members.