Leverage Jibble’s Chrome time tracking extension in Gmail to monitor and record your email-related work hours with ease. Whether you’re looking to monitor the hours spent on email tasks, enhance your productivity, or streamline client billing, this article provides step-by-step instructions on incorporating time tracking seamlessly into your Gmail workflow.
This article covers:
Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three vertical dots to open the Chrome menu.
- From the menu, choose “Extensions,” and then click “Visit Chrome Web Store.”
- Alternatively, you can directly enter “Chrome Web Store” into the Chrome address bar and select it to access the store.
- In the Chrome Web Store, search for Jibble Time Tracker.
- Click on “Add to Chrome” to initiate the extension installation process.
- Once the extension installation is complete, a Jibble icon will appear in your Chrome toolbar.
- Locate the puzzle piece icon in your toolbar.
- To make Jibble’s Time Tracker easily accessible, click on the pin icon next to it to pin the extension to your toolbar.
Linking Gmail and Jibble
- Click on the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Log in to your existing Jibble account, or if you’re new to Jibble, sign up for a free account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper-right corner of the extension.
- Choose Integrations from the menu.
- Ensure the checkbox for Gmail is enabled.
Tracking time in Gmail
After successfully installing and integrating Jibble’s time tracking extension with Gmail, you’ll be able to track time directly within Gmail through a range of methods.
- Using the embedded Jibble timer
- Open up Gmail and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the email you want to track time for.
- Within the email interface, you’ll find a “Jibble in” button.
- Click on the Jibble in button.
- A small pop-up window will appear, allowing you to choose an activity and project if necessary.
- Notes will be auto-populated based on the email subject.
- Click Save to start the time.
- Once your time tracking session begins, the timer button will automatically change to “Jibble out.”
- When you’ve finished with your email task, tap on the Jibble Out button to clock out.
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the Jibble icon located in your browser’s toolbar.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click on the three horizontal lines.
- Tap on Settings.
- Enable the toggle for Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Once activated, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S on Windows or Command+Shift+S on Mac to clock in.
- When your task is completed, use the same keyboard commands to clock out.
Note: Previously used activity and project (if applicable) will be automatically applied when using keyboard shortcuts. Note that there will be no need to input additional notes.
- Using right clicks
- Right click on your mouse and select Jibble | Clock in from the menu to start tracking time.
- One finished with your task, right click on your mouse again and select Jibble | Clock out to stop the timer.
Note: Previously used activity and project (if any) will be automatically tagged when using the right click functionality. There won’t be any input for notes.
- Using text highlighting
- Open up an email you want to track time for.
- Highlight any important text within the email.
- Right-click on your mouse and select Jibble from the menu.
- The clock-in screen will appear with your highlighted text automatically populated as notes.
- Select an activity and project if needed.
- Click on on Save to start the timer.