With Jibble’s time clock software, you can enable GPS Reminders and receive alerts when entering or exiting job sites. These reminders are a fantastic way to ensure you never forget to clock in or out when you’re near an authorized work site. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of setting up GPS reminders on your mobile device.
Setting GPS Reminders
This setting is applicable on both Android and iOS devices and is enabled on a personal level. The setting only affects the user that has enabled this setting on their mobile device and will not be set organization-wide.
To enable GPS reminders:
- Login to the Jibble app on your mobile device.
- Tap on your avatar on the top right corner of the Home screen to access Account Settings.
- Click on the Notifications tab.
- Enable the toggle for “Notify me when I enter or leave a work location“.
- To enable GPS reminders in Jibble, ensure that the location access under your permission settings for the Jibble app is set to “Always Allowed”. This can be done via your mobile application settings.
- If step 2 has not been done, GPS reminder setting will be set to “disabled” automatically even when the toggle is enabled.
- If step 2 has been performed, a confirmation pop up will be shown when the toggle is enabled informing the user about the limitations set by Google & iOS policy.
- Click on “Accept” on the confirmation modal to activate GPS reminders.
Note: Due to limitations set by Google and iOS privacy policies, users will not be reminded to clock in/out unless they are within 300m of their geofence radius or have stepped out of the 300m geofence radius.