Easily integrate Jibble’s Chrome time tracking extension with Asana to seamlessly enhance your workflow and gain deeper insights into how you’re spending your time. With accurate time tracking at your fingertips, you can streamline your tasks, improve productivity, and make informed decisions for your projects and team.
This article covers:
Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Jibble Time Tracker.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- Once installed, a Jibble icon should appear in your browser’s toolbar.
- Click on the puzzle piece icon located at the top right corner of your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the pin icon next to Jibble’s Time Tracker for easy access.
Linking Asana and Jibble
- Log in to your Asana account.
- Click the Jibble icon in the Chrome toolbar.
- Log in to your Jibble account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on Integrations.
- Ensure the checkbox for Asana is enabled.
Tracking time in Asana
With the extension integrated, you can now start tracking time for your tasks in Asana. Read on to learn more about the methods available for tracking time within Asana.
Using the embedded Jibble timer
- Open Asana and navigate to the task you want to track time for.
- Within the project view, you will see an orange play button beside each of your tasks.
- Within the task view, you will see a “Jibble in” button.
- Click on the play button or Jibble in button to start tracking time.
- A small pop-up window will open where you can select an activity and project.
- The notes section will be prefilled based on the titles of your tasks in Asana.
- Click on Save to start the timer.
- Once clocked in, the timer will be automatically updated to a red stop button or a “Jibble out” button.
- Tap on the red stop button or Jibble out button and click on Save to stop the timer.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Enable the toggle for Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Once enabled, use the shortcut command Ctrl+Shift+s on Windows or Command+Shift+S on Mac to clock in.
- To clock out, use the same keyboard commands.
Note: When utilizing keyboard shortcuts to clock in, the activity and project previously used (if applicable) will be tagged. Additionally, there won’t be any input for notes.
Using right clicks
- Right click on your mouse and select Jibble | Clock in.
- To clock out, right click again select Jibble | Clock out.
Note: With right click clock ins, the previously used activity and project (if applicable) will be tagged. There will be no notes to be added.
Using text highlighting
- Highlight desired text within your Asana workspace, then right-click and select Jibble from the menu.
- The clock in screen will be displayed with your notes automatically included.
- Choose an activity and project if required.
- Tap on Save to start tracking time.