Jibble’s Chrome Time Tracking Extension offers a seamless way to track and manage your work hours directly within Jira, a popular project management platform. This integration is not only completely free and takes Jira Time Tracking to the next level, but also enhances your project tracking capabilities and streamlines time tracking processes. For more information on how Jibble’s timer extension works, check out Chrome extension.
This article covers:
Installing Jibble’s Chrome Extension
- Open your Google Chrome browser and visit the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Jibble Time Tracker.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button to install the extension.
- Once installed, an icon for the extension should appear in your browser’s toolbar.
- Click the puzzle piece on the top right of your chrome toolbar to open the extension window.
- Click the pin icon next to Jibble’s Time Tracker to pin the extension to your browser for easy access.
Linking Jira and Jibble
- Access your Jira account and log in.
- Click the Jibble icon in the Chrome toolbar to open the timer extension.
- Sign in to your Jibble account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to access your Account Setting.
- Go to Integrations.
- Ensure the checkbox for Atlassian-Jira is enabled.
Tracking time in Jira
Jibble’s Time Tracker offers several quick and easy methods to track your time within the Jira platform.
Using the embedded Jibble timer
- Open Jira and navigate to the project or task you want to track time for.
- Within the task view, you will see the “Jibble in” button.
- Click on the Jibble in button to start tracking time for the selected task.
- Select an activity and project if required.
- Notes will be prefilled based on /project/ticket titles in Jira.
- Click on Save to start the timer.
- Once clocked in, the timer button will be automatically updated to “Jibble out”.
- To stop the timer, click on the Jibble out button and tap on Save.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Click on the Jibble icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Enable Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Once enabled, use the shortcut command Ctrl+Shift+s on Windows or Command+Shift+S on Mac to clock in.
- Once clocked in, use the same command to clock out.
Note: The previously used activity and project (if any) will be tagged when clocking in via keyboard shortcuts. There will be no notes to be added.
Using right clicks
- Right click and select Jibble | Clock in.Note: The previously used activity and project (if any) will be tagged when clocking in via right click. There will be no notes to be added.
- To clock out, right click again select Jibble | Clock out.
Using text highlighting
- Highlight any text in Jira, right click and select Jibble.
- The clock in screen will be displayed with your notes automatically included.
- Select an activity and project if required and tap Save.